Well, it’s that time of the year again. The snow can fly, the lips are clear and we all can take a collective sigh after an intense month. Many people ‘participate’ in Movember, few put as much effort into as the McMoBros.
This month we were relentless in the pursuit of good times and we were rewarded hugely in the community. Our efforts beyond talking about Movember and prostate health awarness included:
- Maxwells benefit organized by McMoBros Robb
- Dancing night at Flying Dog
- Pulled Pork MOpenHouse by McMoBros Aaron
- MoSistas for Mistas - the first annual Movember KW event for women - organized by McMoBro Julie
- 2nd annual 'Disorganized Pub Crawl'
Our rewards were plentiful and included:
- Best Dressed at the KW Movember Ball - McMoBros James
- Surround sound system from Gibson Sound & Vision - McMoBros Aaron
- 1st & 2nd runners up for Woman of Movember - Christine & Jen
- Man of Movember - McMoBros Robb
We did our best to keep you in the loop and tried our hardest to earn your donations. As Movember participants continue to grow we need to focus on awareness and not on fundraising or this month will loose it’s charm - that’s why we want to EARN your MoDollas.
And, earn MoDollas we did. The McMoBros sit just under $3,100 among 23 members, nearly $135/member making us one of the top earning teams in Waterloo Region - without pleading for support!
A special shout out must go to Julie who was the teams top fundraiser and wore a moustache every day in Movember - particularly to professional and social events. She recognizes that it’ll be pressure from women that make men have a conversation with their physicians!
Movember is definitely gaining traction as a very exciting month in Waterloo Region, I hope next year we will find more businesses participating offering donation incentives for fun challenges - like McCabes $1000 Tweetup.
Alas, this year is over, our faces are cold, but our hearts are warm. New frienships, closer connections and lots of laughs, that’s what every McMoBros walks away with this year. Maybe you’ll join KW’s Most Prolific Party Team in 2012?
Special thanks to Christine Reid Photography for her work within the McMoBros as well as KW Movember efforts. Also, same goes for Jennifer Gough of Minds Eye Studio who curated a silent auction for the MoBall (again).